Recently I’ve received reports from many users saying that FMD has become very unstable after upgrading to version v0.8.1b (and maybe with the latest version as well). The bug, which can be described as the software does not respond and there’re chance that a lot of dialogs pop up, appears quiet randomly, makes it hard to trace down and fix. So any help from you would be greatly appreciate!
For people who experienced this bug regularly, please upgrade your FMD to the latest version (v0.8.2.1b). If the bug still happens, please give me some information about:
- The number of connections, the title of the manga you were downloading, as well as it’s source when the bug happened.
- Your operation system.
- Your FMD revision in case you were using a snapshot build.
- A screenshot when the bug happened would be nice, especially when you were using snapshot build with debug symbols file.
- The steps to reproduce the bug if you know.
You may consider using the latest snapshot, which is basically the latest build of FMD using the latest available sources and with the latest fixes and new bugs. Snapshots always contain debug symbols file (fmd.dbg). This file can be removed manually whenever you don’t want it anymore. There’re two type of snapshots:
- Snapshots for people who want to test the snapshot with their existing resources. Just download the package, extract it and overwrite your existing FMD files. Your FMD then can still upgrade to official releases via updater.
- Snapshots for people who don’t want to mess with their existing FMD.
You can find those snapshots here: